Guest book

Saturday, March 28, 2009

Alonzo's Salvation

This is week 56 of the Saturday Wordzzle challenge. Anyone new to the process can refer back here to find out how it works. Oh my, oh my, oh my.... previous complaints about my choice of words pale in the face of this week's ten world challenge. What was I thinking? Where did these horrific words come from? Why, Lord, why did I pick them? I beg forgiveness from all of you who have had the courage to participate this week. It's one of those weeks when I wish I wasn't hosting because I could tip-toe quietly out of the room and skip the challenge.... BUT.... AGGGGGGGH! I HAVE to do it! Anyone want to volunteer some words for future weeks? Then I can be mad at someone else instead of myself.

The words for this week's ten word challenge were: partition, imagination, salvation, mirror image, green power, highway, roasting marshmallows, serial killer, autograph, cartography. Mini Challenge: cell phone, Big Mac, panther, legendary, poets corner










Alonso' Salvation




It was the Ides of March, 1988. Alonzo woke up late as usual. He could hear the melodious tones of the wind chime hanging behind the partition which separated his sleeping quarters from his office. He hit the snooze for just seven more minutes of glorious sleep. As he lay there in a twilight state, he allowed his imagination to soar. Late last night a dark haired, mysterious woman entered his office and pleaded for him to take her case. He played hard to get, even though he knew this case could be his detective agency's salvation. Man, did he need this case to solve his financial difficulties. Alonzo was much to prideful to accept her case without a fight. He continued to act nonchalant and uncommitted. He half heartedly listened to the horrendous details as he opened and sorted his mail. He even perused the 1960 issue of Cartography for the Novice.

"Mr. Alonzo, let me get to the point. My husband is a serial killer! He has also been diagnosed Paranoid Schizophrenic and Border-Line Personality Disorder. He is not an easy man to live with but he is a very, very wealthy old man." She crossed her legs and adjusted her revealing mini-skirt and smiled seductively at Alonzo. He ignored her and pretended to be engrossed in a thin boy across the street operating a green power washer to blast the paint off a dilapidated brick wall.

"Ahem, to continue with my story" she said curtly due to his inattention and obvious boredom of her plight. "Last weekend we were driving down Highway 01. He suddenly pulled the Benz over and said he wanted to roast marshmallows for me before I was gone. I laughingly said I wasn't going any where. He said that I was mistaken. That I would be murdered on St. Patricks' Day."

"He leaned in closer and stated that the voices in his head tell him to take a hostage on the eve of St. Patricks' Day and to offer her up as a sacrifice to the wee little leprechauns. He said that he has followed the voices demand for the last twelve years. I have just one more sacrifice and I will be exonerated." He coldly looked her in the face and said "You are my next and last victim. You are the mirror image of my twelve victims. After the Leprechauns sacrifice you, I will be able to autograph the contract and end the curse of the St. Patricks' Day serial killer."

I said in disbelief, "You've got to be out of your f****** mind. He just laughed, kissed me on the forehead and said Happy St. Patricks' Day sweetheart."

"So you see, Mr. Alonzo, I don't have much time. Can you help me?"

"Yes mam, I have a plan." Alonzo pulled out his cell phone, asked to speak to Big Mac, who was the legendary leader of the Purple Panthers located in the warehouse right next to the Poets Corner Tavern. Alonzo walked out of the room, whispering to Mr. Big Mac. He spoke so quietly that his client could not hear what his plan entailed.

When Alonzo came back into his office, he said "It has been taken care of. You have nothing to worry about. Go home and act like this was all a big joke. Meet me at Poets Corner Tavern at 9:45 P.M. on St. Patricks' Day. Bring a brief case with $1.75 million and we will be even."

"But what is your plan? How are you going to protect me? What are you going to do to my husband?" Alonzo smiled smugly and quickly left the room. She could hear him saying "If I tell you any more, then I would have to kill you. That would defeat your purpose." Alonzo glanced back at her and said "Trust me!" and then he left her sitting alone in his office looking confused and bewildered. To be continued......

15 comments:

Raven said...

Fascinating. You have piqued my curiosity for sure. Looking forward to finding out what Alonzo's plan is and whether or not he gets his 1.75 million. Happy Wordzzle day.

Dianne said...

I do hope Alonzo really can be trusted :)

Nessa said...

Can't wait to see what happens next.

quilly said...

Oh my goodness! Have she jumped off the marshmallow spit and into the fire? Inquiring minds want to know!

Do I have to wait until next Saturday for the next installment?!

Dr.John said...

I love it. Now I sit on the edge of my chair waiting to see if the serial killer gets killed. I have to wait a week.
Good writing.

ccorkran said...

Nessa, I really likrd your 3 posts. Keep up the great work. Candace

ccorkran said...

Quilly, you are too kind and yes you must wait. Have a great week. Candace

ccorkran said...

Dr. John, thank you for your kind words of encouragement. I am humbled. Candace

bettygram said...

I can't wait until next week.

Finding Pam said...

I am looking forward to next week's story.

Richard said...

Very, very nice..... looking forward to the next installment

Akelamalu said...

$1.75 million? Big Mac's gonna bump him off isn't he? :)

Great Wordzzle.

My apologies for only just getting round to reading it. :)

ccorkran said...

Akelamalu, sorry to dissapoint you. Alonzo is the hero, he can't get bumprd off. Hope you will read this weeks, part 2. candace

Anonymous said...

Hello I'd love to congratulate you for such a great made site!
I was sure this would be a perfect way to make my first post!

Sincerely,
Monte Phil
if you're ever bored check out my site!
[url=http://www.partyopedia.com/articles/fathers-day-party-supplies.html]fathers day Party Supplies[/url].

Anonymous said...

[url=http://www.kfarbair.com][img]http://www.kfarbair.com/_images/_photos/photo_big7.jpg[/img][/url]

מלון [url=http://www.kfarbair.com]כפר בעיר[/url] - אווירה כפרית, [url=http://www.kfarbair.com/about.html]חדרים[/url] מרווחים, שירות חדרים, אינטימיות, שלווה, [url=http://kfarbair.com/services.html]שקט[/url] . אנחנו מספקים שירותי אירוח מגוונים כמו כן ישנו במקום שירות חדרים המכיל [url=http://www.kfarbair.com/eng/index.html]אחרוחות רומנטיות[/url] במחירים מיוחדים אשר יוגשו ישירות לחדרכם...

לפרטים אנא לפנות לאתרנו - [url=http://kfarbair.com]כפר בעיר[/url] [url=http://www.kfarbair.com/contact.html][img]http://www.kfarbair.com/_images/apixel.gif[/img][/url]

My Cottage in the Woods