Guest book

Sunday, April 5, 2009

Gratitude

I am still so new to this blogging world and never quiet know what to say, but I thank all of you for your kind words of encouragement. I am a very private person and don't trust too many people. It's difficult to be intimate with strangers, yet I am beginning to know you by reading your posts and to make a simple comment. Then y'all will be friends and not strangers.

When I first came to visit Pam, I was in pretty bad shape mentally, emotionally, an over all mess. I didn't plan on staying very long, but I have been here for 5 weeks and I feel fantastic. We laugh and play like silly teenagers. Her husband tells us to grow up and we laugh even harder. We ride the Rhino (4 wheel drive sport vehicle) every day to kick up our endorphins. Yesterday we saw 3 does running out of the woods. They were so full of life and energy. Their fluffy white tails bobbing in the wind. Staying with my sister, Pam, for five weeks has awakened a part of me that had been long dead and forgotten. People are not meant to live alone and isolate. I am so blessed to have a sister like Pam and her kind hubby who says I can stay as long as I want to. Life is blessed. Candace

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Isn't family wonderful. Was a great post to tell what you are doing with her. Enjoy :)

Finding Pam said...

Candy, we are blessed to have this time with you and love you so very much. I think we have been good for each other. I know that I have not laughed this much in a long time. Let each day be an adventure!

Nessa said...

Sounds very lovely. Enjoy>

Cherie/ Butterfly Dreamer said...

I am such a loner sometimes that I forget that. You are so right. We do need each other very much.

Hootin Anni said...

Hi, I'm here to add you and your blog link to the Bloggers Over 50 Blog roll. Before I can add your link tho, I need to ask you [and your sister's blog] to add a visible link --a graphic link OR a Text Link back to the Blog roll's home site.

Once you've added that to your sidebar, let me know. Then, I will add you to the blog roll. I need to ask you to do that first because so many who use the blog roll to visit others, need the list of links to continue through the list & use the links!

Mark said...

You and your sister are very blessed!

Chickie said...

I think it's great that you are able to go stay/visit with Pam. When I first moved to FL, I was completely depressed since I had moved so far away. My sister was able to move down and that kept me here!

Hey, did you leave a comment on my blog today? I saw one that I thought would be you but when I clicked on the name link it went to someone else's blog. If that was you, let me know and I'll fix the link.

Chickie said...

Ok! I snooped on my blog and realized it was you that left the comment.

Make sure when you leave a comment on blogs that you put in http://ccorkran.blogspot.com/ as your blog address. the mycrazyworld.blogspot.com goes to some college kids' blog. :)

ccorkran said...

Thanks Chickie. aren't sisters WONDERFUL?

My Cottage in the Woods